Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Ionic Breeze GP Silent Air Purifier

I was stupid enough to purchase 2 of this junk in Oct. last year!

Yes I did a bit of research on air purifier before I decided to buy it. But I didnt do ENOUGH of it, I mainly believed what sharper image claimed on their website!

They claimed that this ap is the MOST efficient on the market; very littttle OZONE O3 is produced! YEH RIGHT!

I do have Asthma, and thats the main reason I was so eager to get a very good ap. BUT did I just spend my money to hurt my Respiratory system?!

Why after like 7 months, I started realize they were just piece of junk??
I've noticed that I've been coughing EVERY SINGLE DAY, and yes I turned on the ap everyday. Since the day 1 I started using it, I smelled something very weird from this machine, I suspected that it was OZONE! I went back to the store, that stupid sales lied right in MY face, " oh well, it cant be... it's the FRESH air comes from this machine! " I was like HUH? I not that stupid and can not distiguish the diff btw fresh air and BAD SMELL!! I insisted that it's not "fresh damn air", he then shrugged his shoulders, and said "well, it might be cuz the "NEW MACHINE" defect!" Yeh he's damn airheaded and thought that he could fool ME?!

Originally, I thought oh maybe cuz it's the SPRING season= ALLERGY season!!
Yeh, so my cough is like, "coughing out of my lung!" Yeh not very comfy!

But then, I thought , "hmmm, but I NEVER was like this!!"

I also thought, oh maybe my health was deteroiating... ugggh.. maybe it's a warning sign?!

I've also noticed that I have sputum buildup in my bronchus each and everyday.
The point is, I NEVER NEVER WAS LIKE THIS! Even the same time last year, I did not have this much sputum!! Yeh plus the URGE to SPIT !!

Well, I know one important sympotom of Asthma is SPUTUM. But again I NEVER was like this!

So I did an experiment...

I turned on the ap in my room (High and with UV light on), then I walked away... then I returned to my room , just in a few sec, I started coughing, yeh coughing really bad!!
Then I got out of my room, after a little while I stopped coughing, well , still coughed a bit, but later on it stopped!

I did this experiment several times. Before I even started this exp, I just noticed that everytime I was NEAR this crap (when its turned ON), I COUGHED NON STOP!!

So Yesterday, I decided to NOT turn on ap, I didnt cough much, well just a couple of times, but NOT SERIOUS coughing like when that crap was on!!

Oh GOD, I dont know what to do!

Well, originally I was really in love with this crap, cuz I noticed that after using it for a few days, I pulled out the stainless blade , there were lots of dust on it, and when I wiped it with wet cloth, guess what, DARK as carbon!! Yeh if I didnt wipe it for like a couple of weeks, damn THICK Layer of DUSTs and other junks was built up!!

Now, I'm wondering if the dark stuff is the real bad dust and microorganism that flowing around in the air?? OR is it just the BYPRODUCT of this Crap??

Also consumer report also claimed that this ironic breeze from sharper image was NOT effective at all!! cuz it doesnt have built-in fans, so the air is not flowing, SO NO air is filtered and CLEANED!! Instead of cleaning up air, it PRODUCES OZONE!! OZONE can totally damage our LUNGS!! OH GREAT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!