Saturday, June 2, 2007

It's WHITE NECTARINE/WHITE PEACH season!!

I think... starting last week or so, white peaches/nectarines are FINALLY OUT!! OH YEH!

They are my fav. fruit! I got another trip to the farmers market, I was disappointed that not many people were selling cherry... cherry season is quite short, esp. in farmers market...

BUT I discovered my ORGANIC white peaches/nectarines!
I always visited this booth that sells organic fruits, esp. during my fav. fruit seasons!
Besides wp/wn, I also love cherry, persimmon, pear, etc..

Yeh it's organic, so more expensive than non-organic ones... it used to be like $1.5/lb, then up to $2/lb, then 2.50, now it's damn $3/lb!! Yep go to hell stupid bush!! he doesnt hear that we are crying cuz the damn high gas price?!

but they had the "special" today, $8/3lb!! 3lb apporx. could get 14 peaches.

And you know how to pick the sweetest/juiciest peach? Ask, I might tell ... HA!


I also got 2lbs (5 bucks) of Pink cherry... for some reason, the bigger/purple cherry tastes more like pink cherry now! pink cherry usually has more crispy texture, and purple (BING) cherry has softer flesh, but now they pretty much taste the same!

I also visited my another fav. organic booth, they sold a lot more kinds of fruits than that peach booth, they sell more cirtus fruits and avocado and other stuff.. their fruits are a bit cheaper..
and sometimes can get a really good deal! Like I got 8 Organic lemon for $1!!

I then got 2lbs of long beans for $3 from one veggi booth, but its not organic...

I then went to the chicken/eggs booth, I saw some huge eggs, guess what kind of eggs were they? GOOSE eggs! and they were $5/EACH!! HA, why so expensive??
cuz goose ONLY lays like 12 eggs and only for like 2 months!! the seller told me that they only gonna be on sale till like next month... so NO MORE goose eggs for the rest of the year...

The size of the goose egg is about like 3 JUMBO size chicken eggs... , but ONLY one egg yolk/egg!

I also got 12 duck eggs ($5) , but totally I paid $9 for these EXPENSIVE eggs!!

No comments: