Saturday, June 2, 2007

GET MARRIED or STAY SINGLE?!

Today had a >1 hr phone convo with my MOM...

She again brought up the "friends' children got married and her children should also do the same SOON" issue...

Recent years, she has become more and more depressed, she always brings up the whole "DAD is getting OLD, and she's getting OLD too, and WHO KNOWS how long they gonna live..."
SIGHHH!! Now I realize people that are very close to me are all so damn STUBBORN!!

Dont they know that getting a whole body check up and get the proper treatments, and they can live A Lot LONGER?! They have to get so NEGATIVE and DEPRESSED and basically have GIVEN UP on their lives?! How are they gonna make their children feel?! DO they even care how WE FEEL?! NO , the answer is a damn solid NO !!!

She has been arranging some blind-dates for my brother and sister, and she believes that my brother should get a wife that has high education and is from rich family (best is doctor's family), and likewise, my sister's future husband should be a doctor and is rich and is from rich family!!

Why? cuz Most of her friends' children either are doctors or married doctors or married rich family's sons or daughters, anyway you get the picture...

And the funny thing is, my brother is looking for young and beautiful girls, he doesnt want to marry some book-smart female MD, cuz then he'd feel intimidated by her!! LOL

and my sister already has a lawyer bf whose parent is a doctor, BUT cuz he's not a doctor, my MOM has NOT fully approved YET!! LOL

Yeh and the constant fights and arguments always go on and on in my family!

My mom always gets sooo JEALOUS of her friends and their children and even their grandchildren! She always is like , "oh so on so got married with some dermontology doctor, oh so on so has kids already, oh so on so's kids already that big!!"

Then she'd be like, "SIGH, NONE of my kids has succeeded yet, NONE of my kids has gotten married yet... " Yeh she ALWAYS ALWAYS expressed this NEGATIVITY when she talks to us, always PUTs DOWN ON US, BASHES US
. Always says that we CAN NOT achieve, yet others can?!?!" UGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

She NEVER gives ME compliments, NEVER Cheers for ME, always is like oh you gotta work HARDER, you havent achieved yet!! YEH in another words, what I've done so far is NOTHING, well WORSE than SHIT!!

NO wonder, none of her kids wanna listen to her.


Yeh, like my mentor/best teacher/best friend Dr. Meg Griffith told me once during our convo, "Tough love, you know what tough love is?" I nods and agreed with her. but it's about her "tough love" toward us (students). She made an example: during her intern year, even she's already an intern, and during her Peds round, the peds doctors were the nicest toward them, BUT gave them the LOWEST grade. but the IM doctors were the TOUGHEST/Hardest and pimped them all the time, BUT gave them Good grades!!"

I told her that, "I believed in the tougher the teacher was, the better the students' performance would be."

1 comment: