Saturday, July 21, 2007

TWO LESS LONELY PEOPLE IN THE WORLD--- I MISS MY GRANDPA!!

December 8, 2005 the day my DEAREST Grandfather passed away... :...(

That Monday and Tuesday were my final exams, I had to take 4 exams and quickly packed and rushed back home...

My flight to Taiwan was Wed. afternoon, he passed away before 2am on wed. night (Taiwan's time), so it's before 10am on wed. cali time. but I didnt know that he had left!!

On the plane, I listened to this song by air supply, a very old song, for some reason I repeatly listened to it and couldnt stop thinking about my Grandpa and couldnt stop my tears...

Maybe cuz the sad tone of this song... I remember it was a very stressful time, for weeks I hadnt been sleeping, studying hard for exams and lots of thing to do... on top of that, the week before final exam, my grandpa was sent into hospital...

Right at that moment I heard about that, I knew it's not looking good... he had Gastric adenocarcinoma... and later on, they dx that it's already the last stage... it already metastasized to liver...

I was sooo envy that my brother was able to be there and checked on him, once in the life time most precious lesson!! I wished wished that I was there too...

A few days before my grandpa passed away, I told my Dad that I wanted to see my grandpa ONE LAST TIME!! My Dad wanted me not to worry too much, and he even tried to lie to me!
On the day I was about to leave for airport, my Dad told me oh Grandpa was fine, and he promised that he'd take me to visit him as soon as I got off the plane! Ok I did believe my Dad...

Around 12 Thursday night, I finally arrived, and my Dad and brother went to pick me up... in the cab, no one was talking, and I was thinking, hmmm is Dad gonna take me to hospital now? how come he didnt say anything? And shit everyone was sooo quiet, so I didnt ask... I was thinking maybe tomorrow morning....

When I got home, saw my Mom, the first thing she told me was, "Grandpa already passed away!!" HOLY SHIT!!! Yeh exactly, I was cursing!! well not directly toward my mom, but just just didnt know how to react... just that everyone was so damn normal, no one was crying!! My brother said , "well, Dad told him not to say anything!" Ha, Dad knew how upset I'd get if I found out.... Everyone was really good at ACTING!! Damn!

I was like shit I had to go see him... they were like where do you think you are going?! he's not at hospital ! His body was sent to somewhere else! so we talked till very late that night... and I woke up real early, cuz I had to go see him!!

He was lying in his coffin, but I could not see him. So I didnt get to see him AGAIN! Damn it!

I bet he was very lonely when he passed away in the hospital... no one was by his side...
I wished wished that my plane would fly faster, so I could be there... holidng his hands.... touching his face... ONE LAST TIME....


On Dec. 18, it's his final day on earth... Everyone was there to send him... he was the GREATEST MAN I know, and HE is MY ONLY GRANDPA!!!

I LOVE YOU GRANDPA!!!
You are the first person in my life gave me the GREATEST COMPLIMENTS and PRAISES!! Without you, I wouldnt have the CONFIDENCE that I have!!

You were there, holding me up, and putting me on your shoulder when I was just a little kid crying, lying on the floor, hiding under table, missing my mom, and was teased by that stupid uncle!

You were there, you knew that my heart was hurt when that stupid uncle made stupid comments (cuz my mom took my elder brother to travel and left me in my greatgrand parents' house, and that ass uncle said things like ha ha ha your mom didnt want you, you had no mom, ha ha ha!!).

You said nothing, you just picked me up, walked out of the house, and left my other cousins and that uncle so damn jealous!! LOL


I was the only grandkid that you put on top of your shoulder, and you took me to a nightmarket, bought me candy, still remember it's the sweet and sour kind of fruit that's coated with a layer of candy. We also stood there and watched a show!!
I remember there were lots of people that worked for you followed US quietly!!

I was licking the candy with a big smile on my tearful face... even though it's many many years ago, but I still remember ... maybe you've forgot about it, but in my little mind, you were a Giant, that raised me up... you knew what to do to comfort a little kid... a President of a big company would do that?! That I never dreamed of... but it's True!

You always praised me in front of everyone when I was just a little kid, and yes I was always the ONLY one that you praised about! I was stunned everytime you gave me compliments... cuz you were my idol!! And that did MEAN A LOT to me!!

Everytime I went back to Taiwan and visited you, even though you were getting old and not having great memory, and you were very quiet, didnt talk much while everyone was chatting out loud!! But for sure, you were Listening! Cuz whenever my Mom, grandma, and aunt were talking about my performance, you'd look at me and gave me a THUMBS UP sign, a HUGE SMILE, a few Nods, and said "VERY VERY GOOD!!"

Yes, you didnt need to say tons of words to express yourself, but just a thumbs up, a huge smile, and a few nods BEAT thousands of words!! And that, for sure I'll remember FOREVER!!


THANK YOU GRANDPA!! YOU ARE ALWAYS IN MY HEART!!



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHnYRK27RNE&mode=related&searc


I was down my dreams were wearing thin
When you're lost where do you begin
My heart always seemed to drift from day to day
Looking for the love that never came my way

Then you smiled and I reached out to you
I could tell you were lonely too
One look and then it all began for you and me
The moment that we touched I knew that there would be


Two less lonely people in the world
And it's gonna be fine
Out of all the people in the world
I just can't believe you're mine
In my life where everything was wrong
Something finally went right
Now there's two less lonely people In the world tonight

Just to think what I might have missed
Looking back how did I existI dreamed,
still I never thought I'd come this far
But miracles come true, I know 'cause here we are


Tonight I fell in love with you
And all the things I never knew
Seemed to come to me somehowBaby,
love is here and now there's

9 comments:

Eternal Dreamer - Allen Wang said...

sorry to hear about grandpa

BRUINMD said...

Thanks!

DANIELBLOOM said...

this is such a beautiful story, tears in my eyes in Taiwan as i read this.......what a wonderful man he was, and how important he was to you. pls email me here in Taiwan, i wanna get in touch with you, i don't even know your name

danbloom AT

gmail

Dot

com

http://www.taiwanho.com/people/dan

son of a doctor, i am.....

BRUINMD said...

Hi dan,

Thanks for your comments!
How did you find my blog? just wondering...

your father is a doctor? thats nice!

I think I've heard about you on the news (Taiwanese News), you had a book and that you loved Taiwan!!
Thanks for loving Taiwan... it's a great and beautiful country!!

Do you love traditional Taiwanese snack/dishes?

Unknown said...

yes, love traditional snacks, a to z, cho dofu, yu name it. even stewed rat meat.....lao su ro san bei....oishii!

http://danbloom888.blogspot.com

that's me! in CHIAYI

where are you? if time, email me

Unknown said...

found yr blog by googling blog news about the gore lee wedding...

Unknown said...

father passed away now, in next world... he was urologist surgeon....

Unknown said...

book love taiwan

http://www.taiwanho.com/people/dan

BRUINMD said...

I never expected that there were gonna be so many comments about this post... a very popular post huh lol!

Maybe the wound hasnt healed... so it's still painful everytime I touched it...

Thanks for visiting!