Friday, July 6, 2007

Satay Beef

1. Sacha BBQ sauce (from Taiwan)
2. Black Angus Beef (Ha, you dont have to use a great quality beef! I just happened to have some in my freezer!)
3. garlic
4. soy sauce
5. mirin
6. rice wine
7. maple syrup
8. red chili pepper
9. potato starch or corn starch

*mix all the igridents together then mix the beef with it. marinate for a while.

*add a small taple spoon of olive oil, sautee the beef.... if want some veggi, add some green leaves veggie.

*if too dry, add some water!

*Good to eat it with rice or mix it with noodle.

*the purpose of the potato starch is to let the meat have the tender texture, so the meat wouldnt be too tough!

*I miss this traditional Taiwanese dish sooo much! In Taiwan, people use beef, goat meat, and pork meat... all taste sooo good!

*I remember when I was a little kid, one night I ate only a bowl of rice with some satay pork that our maid cooked earlier that night, and I guess I was sooo hungry... it tasted so good even though it's cold!!

No comments: